Saturday, May 16, 2009

The sun is shining, the sky is a beautiful blue and though there is plenty to do outside today, I chose to stay inside sitting in front of my computer or do what I was doing early this morning, bead. And the reason for this is, it is very, very cold outside and very windy. And it is almost the end of May, where is our warm weather? Don't get me wrong, this isn't all I have done today. My floors have been swept, vacummed and my kitchen cleaned up from everyone's mess last night. I have no kids, although I was asked if I would take my youngest granddaughter while her Mother cleaned the new house they will be moving into. Any other time I would have said yea, but since I have them all week and am unable to do the things I like because for some reason they need my attention constantly, I did not take her. I don't want to sound mean, but being your grandkids daycare is fine, but then you do want time to be able to do the things you also enjoy, in my case it is beading, working and editing pictures on my computer and doing research online for my ancestor/heritage stuff, embroidery, sewing, the list could go on. So on the days I could be a Grandma, I don't because after being their daycare all week, I want my day off. I would rather be a Grandma instead of a daycare so I can take them whenever, but with the slim pickins out there, Grandma is the most safest and reliable choice. Granted they are here on the days I don't do daycare, but usually their Mother is too so I don't have to keep constant watch on them. Whether for supper, visiting or whatnot. I love my grandkids dearly, they complete the circle of love. Can't wait to hold my 4th one, making his or her appearance in Oct!

No comments:

Post a Comment