25 years ago on this date, May 17 1984, my daughter Felicia was born. In just about an hr she will have made her appearance. She was just over 6lbs and was the most beautiful baby, the first grandchild for my parents who doted on her. I slept through the majority of my labor, but when she was ready to make her appearance, she did not want to wait. The Doc walked in just in time to catch her practically. It was an easy pregnancey and delivery, one that I would never experience again. Her Dad and I split when she was 9 mo, he made the choice of his drugs over his daughter and I and he lost us, but she did make contact with him at the age of 16 when we flew out to Oregon so she could meet him and put that part of her life behind her, and she grew to be a fine young woman, knows how to stand on her own two feet and is currently holding a job that she is very good at, enjoys and and is well liked by her boss and employees alike. Even looking at a manager position this fall. She is married and has blessed me with 3 beautiful grandbabies, all blonde hair and blue eyes, a boy and 2 girls, whom I love dearly. I am blessed to see them daily, and feel fortunate that I am able to be a big part of my daughter and grandbabies lives. I know there are many who are not as fortunate and it would devestate me if they ever moved away so I was not able to see them on a regular basis. I was there for all my grandbabies being born, heard their first cry.My daughter would have it no other way.
So today she turns 25, and is in the process of trying to get moved into a different place, one which is much bigger, plenty of room for the kids and a big yard for them to run. And it is just down the road from Grandma's house....
Happy Birthday Felicia, I love you so much!! And thank-you for the beautiful grandbabies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I too remember the day Felicia was born. She has turned into the most beautiful woman and wonderful friend. Happy Birthday Felicia.
ReplyDelete